Wednesday, April 13, 2011

OK, I listen to books probably more than I read them. Some would say this is cheating but I disagree. The tradition of oral storytelling goes back further than the written word and plus, I'm really busy! I have two teenage girls who, thankfully, like to spend time with me, so as a result, I may not have read the latest NY Times bestseller but I can tell you what happened on the last episode of Glee! Yet, I'm still a librarian so I have to get my stories somehow and that is, of late, in the car; the only time I'm alone.
My latest reads, no, make that "listens" have been two autobiographical audio books by Lisa Scottoline. You probably know her for her crime fiction, but here she takes a hard and humorous look at her life. There are her 5 dogs and 2 cats she lives with, her "octogenarian" mother, Mother Mary, her gay brother, Frank and her beloved, out of the nest daughter, Francesca. Oh, and her two ex-husbands, Thing one andThing two. The stories are full of love and laughter. So check out Why My Next Husband Will be a Dog and My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just has More Closet Space by Lisa Scottoline. You'll be glad you did!

P.S. Of course, you can read them but I recommend the audio book narrated by the author, she's great!

No comments: